The Junk Food of Writing

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Oh dear.

Due to final essays/projects and my irresponsible method of spending the weekend, I have finally reached the point of delirium. I have slept for 5 hours over the past 48 hours and have sat in a theater for 18 of those remaining hours.

Some ratings:

Half Nelson: B
Cocaine Angel: D-
So Much So Fast: C
Edmond: C+
Look Both Ways: B
In Between Days: B-
The Puffy Chair: C
The Guatemalan Handshake: No. Just no. (D-, I guess)

So, a mixture of 'good,' 'mixed,' 'bad,' and 'horrendous.'

Highlights so far? Stalking Michael Cera (George Michael Bluth -- from Arrested Development, losers) and briefly meeting Jesse Eisenberg.


4 Comments:

  • Wait-what? 5 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours? I think I just slept like 12 hours in a row and am still sleepy, so no, no, I don't get this. In any case... take some sleep. A lot.

    And not a single B+ out there?? Maybe you can get some sleep inside the theater.

    So anyway this "Arrested Development" guy was born either the exact some day from the exact same year I was, or with a couple days of difference. Either way he's so cool. And who took that picture? It's got a great psychedelic kick to it!

    By Blogger Javier Aldabalde, at 2:42 PM  

  • Those titles are completely foreign to me (at least for now). Well, I hope things get better for you and that at least a film or two manages to break into B+/A- territory.

    That picture is terrific, it totally caught me off-guard. You will be glad to know that once exams are over, an Arrested Development marathon is in the works. I'm really excited, having only seen, like, two episodes my whole life (and enjoying them both).

    By Blogger Yaseen Ali, at 8:27 AM  

  • JESSE EISENBERG?!?!?!?!?!

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 4:36 PM  

  • Yeah, that reminds me, where's the picture with Eisenberg?

    And can you direct me towards your thoughts on Thank You For Smoking? I know you saw it a few weeks ago.

    By Blogger Yaseen Ali, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home