The Junk Food of Writing

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I see too many movies.

Films I have seen theatrically in 2005:

Brokeback Mountain
Boys of
Baraka
Syriana
Walk the Line
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Dying Gaul
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Pride and Prejudice
Shopgirl
Fun with Dick and Jane
Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic
The Matador
Hitch

Good Night, and Good Luck
Jarhead
The Squid and the Whale
Derailed
Capote
Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
A History of Violence
Green Street
Hooligans
Corpse Bride
North Country
Junebug
Fever Pitch
Grizzly Man
The Constant Gardener
2046
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
March of the Penguins
Broken Flowers
The Beat that My Heart Skipped
The Interpreter
The Aristocrats
Mad Hot Ballroom
Wedding Crashers
Bad News Bears
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Saving Face
Trauma
My Summer of Love
War of the Worlds
Heights
Batman Begins
Cinderella Man
Thumbsucker
Sequins
Kings and Queen
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
3-Iron
Crash
In the Realms of the Unreal
Look at Me
Kung Fu Hustle
Sin
City

Millions
Karaoke Terror
Survive Style 5+
Mardi Gras: Made in China
The Nomi Song
Lonesome Jim
Me and You and Everyone We Know
Palindromes
The Edukators
Woman is the Future of Man
5 x 2: Five Times Two
Ma Mere
The Holy Girl
House of D
Mysterious Skin
Murderball
Somersault
Land
of Plenty

Kontroll
A Tout de Suite
El Crimen Perfecto

Melinda and Melinda

Downfall
The Upside of Anger
Up and Down

Nobody Knows

Gunner
Palace

Wow, that’s quite a lot – especially when considering that I didn’t even see a 2005 film until the middle of March. I believe I went over 80 by a few.

Oh, and it is color coded for the Holidays! Red = positive, Green = negative, Blue = mixed.

My friends and I went out to an expensive holiday dinner this past Saturday. I was the only one who forgot to wear Red/Green. I was wearing blue. Oops. Forutnately, I realized that I was just representing Hannukah. We had a politically correct holiday dinner, indeed.

3 Comments:

  • this makes me feel all warm and gooey inside.

    obsessive moviegoers who need obsessive moviegoers are the luckiest obsessive moviegoers in the world.

    By Blogger NATHANIEL R, at 3:21 PM  

  • Wow. I've only seen a little over 20. I've been keeping a list here: http://theglassbaumer.backpackit.com/pub/180155

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 5:13 PM  

  • i've seen 91 so far this year and you've seen 83 but i still haven't seen 1/2 your list.

    it just goes to show that you can never see them all.

    By Blogger NATHANIEL R, at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home