The Junk Food of Writing

Monday, January 16, 2006

Whatever.

Screw this. Yes, these are my (awfully safe) Golden Globe predictions. Oh, I hate myself.

Picture (Drama): Brokeback Mountain
Picture (Musical or Comedy): Pride and Prejudice
Director: Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain
Actress (Drama): Felicity Huffman, TransAmerica
Actor (Drama): Philip Seymour Hoffman, Capote
Actress (Musical or Comedy): Reese Witherspoon, Walk the Line
Actor (Musical or Comedy): Joaquin Phoenix, Walk the Line
Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz, The Constant Gardener
Supporting Actor: Matt Dillon, Crash
Screenplay: Good Night, and Good Luck
Foreign Film: Tsotsi
Score: Brokeback Mountain
Song: The Chronicles of Narnia (Alanis Morissette is enough of a star for them to fuck, right?)

The best, and most interesting, predictions:
Star most likely to be really fucking "Under the influence" when he/she accepts his/her award:
(Male) George Clooney
(Female) Alanis Morrissette (but stoned, not drunk)

Now, I must go watch Jeopardy! before the Globes. Hopefully that teenage "creature" loses -- he genuinely frightens me. Yikes.

5 Comments:

  • I've been missing Jeopardy! lately, but I have a new obsession with it. I'm writing an entire story based on Maria. Well, not based on her, but circled around her one sigh that I loved. Remember her?

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 8:57 PM  

  • Where's your play-by-play write-up?

    By Blogger Yaseen Ali, at 9:41 PM  

  • Yes, Kathleeen, of course I remember that awkward bit of androgyny, Maria.

    Ali, I am a lazy piece of crap, and I was no particularly proud of my Globes write. I found the night to be rather boring and, therefore, my notes were hardly as fun to write as the BFCA's.

    I may still post a few -- who knows.

    By Blogger Nick M., at 4:35 PM  

  • Oh yeah, is this teenage "creature" you speak of that Kevin guy? The classics major? Did he win?

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 8:17 AM  

  • Yes, Kevin is the "creature." I saw someone on the subway yesterday who was a hybrid and him and Woody Allen the other day. It was a astrange experience.

    Anyway, yes "it" won on Monday and Tuesday, but I had class last night so I couldn't watch (damn class!). If you find out if he won last night, please let me know.

    By Blogger Nick M., at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home