The Junk Food of Writing

Friday, July 28, 2006

Listen up.

This is an announcement to those who like to raise their hand in the air, open their palm towards the person they are facing, and say "High five!":

Please don't do this to me. I have faced (false) accusations of racism and snobbery due to this silly, silly tradition.

In other news, I have discovered a small stage in the banquet room at the country club where I work. I am currently rounding up the 'Bamm Hollow players' and forcing them to perform an adaptation of Beckett/McCarthy's "Waiting for Godot, Our Waiter."

The startling success of that production will become my greatest accomplishment at work so far this summer -- usurping the time when I dryly convinced a coworker that I am into sadomasochism.

Ta ta.

8 Comments:

  • I detest that too; and then you get weird stares if your hand slap doesn't create an explosive sound. As if your manhood depended on demonstrating your ability to do so.

    It's a shame I won't be able to see your play - sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

    By Blogger Yaseen Ali, at 12:11 PM  

  • An A for "Last Tango in Paris"? I knew I loved you. Though your grades in general are crazy, they're good crazy, not stupid crazy.

    By Blogger Javier Aldabalde, at 10:41 PM  

  • Sometimes, they're stupid crazy. Like that "B" for Boys Don't Cry - I don't know how you could go below a "B+" for that one.

    By Blogger Yaseen Ali, at 12:28 AM  

  • I think you need to start a list or weekly column, Nick. This appalling neglect is starting to get out of hand.

    By Blogger Yaseen Ali, at 11:20 AM  

  • Hey there. It's been a while; what's this "work" I read about? Everytime I see you on AIM, you're away or on your phone. Make yourself available!

    Anyway, things are good around here. I changed my blog's name and address though. Please update your link accordingly.

    Do you still hate happy faces? :-)

    http://notaphilistine.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 8:14 PM  

  • He/she's lying. Nice sites get updated occasionally.

    By Blogger Javier Aldabalde, at 11:44 AM  

  • Yeesh, you're vicious.

    I was thinking about posting another entry soon, but now I'm not so sure, Javi!

    By Blogger Nick M., at 11:47 PM  

  • "but now I'm not so sure"

    You wouldn't dare!

    By Blogger Javier Aldabalde, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home